BE GOING TO + V-nguyên thể
- CẤU TRÚC:
+ Be going to : dùng để diễn tả một dự định trong tương lai gần.
- Khẳng định:
S + Am/Is/Are + Going TO + V-nguyên thể.
Eg: I AM “going to” BUY a new car
tôi dự định sẽ mua chiếc xe hơi mới.
- Phủ định:
S + Am/Is/Are + Not + Going TO + V-nguyên thể.
Eg: You win. I AM not “going to” ARGUE with you anymore.
Anh đúng. Tôi không tranh luận với anh nữa.
- Nghi vấn:
Am/Is/Are + S + Going TO + V-nguyên thể ?
Eg: What IS he “going to” DO?
Anh ấy định làm gì?
- Chúng ta dùng WAS/WERE going to V-nguyên thể : để diễn tả về một ý định làm việc gì đó nhưng đã không làm.
Eg: We WERE “going to” HAVE a picnic Saturday, actually, but… we changed our minds.
Thực ra, bọn tớ định đi picnic hôm thứ bảy, nhưng cuối cùng bọn tớ đổi ý.
- What is going to happen in these situations. Use the words in parentheses:
- There are masses of dark clouds in the sky .(rain) It ……..
=> It IS GOING TO RAIN.
- I am very tired so I (stay) …………….. at home.
=>I AM GOING TO STAY at home
- How pale that girl is! I am sure she (faint) ……… .
=> I am sure she IS GOING TO FAINT.
- What is strange noise? ( break down) The lift ……….
=>the lift IS GOING TO BREAK DOWN
- Listen to the wind. We ( have )…….. a rough crossing.
=>We ARE GOING TO HAVE a a rough crossing;
- Complete the sentences with WAS/WERE GOING TO + one of these word:
“TRAVEL, TELL, GO, ARGUE, MENTION”
- I …….. you when you interrupted.
=>I WAS GOING TO TELL you when you interrupted.
- We ………..by train but then we decided to go by car instead.
=>We WERE GOING TO TRAVEL by train but then we decided to go by car instead.
- He …………. but then he let it go.
=> He WAS GOING TO ARGUE, but then he let it go.
- I ……………. Have a picnic but it rained heavily.
- => I WAS GOING TO HAVE a picnic but it rained heavily.
- I …………..that, but you took the words right out of my mouth.
Tôi đang định nói/đề cập việc đó thì anh đã nói đúng những điều đó rồi.
=> I WAS GOING TO MENTION that, but you took the words right out of my mouth.
- Write a question with “ going to” for each situation :
- Your friend has won some money, You aks:
( What/ do with it ?) =>What are you going to do with it?
- Your friend will have a week-long holiday next month. You aks:
(Where/ travel?) => ………………..
Where are you going to travel ?
- Your friend will return to visit her parents and siblings. You aks:
( How long/ stay ) =>………………….
How long ARE You going to stay at your home?
- Your friend has just bought a new house . You aks:
( When/ move there) => ………….
When are you going to move there?